Polartec Aquashell ®(also known as Generation 2) is a triple-layer, breathable and elastic laminate that we use to produce undergarment to drysuits. Its inside is soft and warm and there is no need for additional underwear. Outside is smooth and hydrophobic. The membrane between three layers keeps water away from the body and does not allow it to come inside (e.g. when pressed). Aquashell is elastic in both directions and, in spite of the close-fitting, tailored cut, it lets you move freely.
Skin is always dry and warm while using Aquashell® but the lining itself is surprisingly thin. When we showed it for the first time it was difficult for us to convince the divers that it is not cold in it really. After many years of practice we know that, when you use a neoprene drysuit, our Aquashell undergarment is sufficient enough in the water temperature above 10°C. If you want to dive long in water that is 4°C cold, you need an extra inner layer, e.g. from Polartec Powertstretch®. If you use a laminate drysuite, you might need a second layer of clothing already in the water temperature of a several °C. It can be Powerstretch underwear put under Aquashell or thin diving lining (ca. 200g/m2) put on the top.
you can choose stitching color in the options at no cost.
you can also choose a made to measure if you want for an extra 20 €
What do we offer:
- a final product made in the EU
- a material made in USA
- personnalized stitching with color
- you can get a made to measure garment for a cost of only 20€ more
- excellent price positionning
Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics feature the warmth of Polartec® thermal fabrics, combined with body-hugging 4-way stretch and a windproof membrane. They are designed to replace neoprene and spandex skins for many water sports by providing far greater comfort and increased warmth per weight. The 4-way stretch provides a comfortable, non-restrictive fit along with easy donning and doffing. The polyester inner construction provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics are also odor- and itch-resistant, non-chafing, and have outstanding sun protection (UPF 40).
How does it work?
There are two versions of Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabric available:
1) The nylon-faced version is equivalent in warmth to 2.5 mm neoprene; it is windproof, water-repellent, and offers great abrasion protection. Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics are neutrally buoyant, which reduces the amount of extra weights necessary for diving. Good breathability makes it ideal for warm-water diving and as an insulating base layer for above-water sports. It also provides warmth and wind protection in action speed sports like cycling and skiing.
2) The skin version is windproof and waterproof, and can be seam-sealed. Its surface sheds water to minimize evaporative heat loss, making the fabric ideal for an outer layer in above-water sports.
- Warmth of 2.5 mm neoprene
- Blocks 100% of the wind to prevent wind chill
- Non-restrictive fit allows full range of motion
- Odor-and itch-resistant for next-to-skin comfort
- Provides very good sun protection (UPF 40)
- Neutral buoyancy
- Machine washable
No customer comments for the moment.